Bike service is our passion. Our service department is big enough to easily handle all jobs efficiently, correctly and to your expectations. Our technicians are trained, certified and knowledgeable about all the latest technologies and strive for continuous improvement. We always aim to Do it Right. Right on Time.
Bike service packages & rates
Bike service packages and specific a la carte services are our expertise. When you bring your bike in for servicing we will obsessively assess your bike, schedule your repair, have the correct parts on hand, and above all else ensure that the work is done right and on time.
We believe that your bike should be ridden not stored in the basement, so we strive to have all major parts on hand. If we don’t, we will dig in to get any parts your bike needs as quickly as possible. Your bike will be stress-tested post repair and we will call you when it is ready to go. Service truly is our obsession!
Obsessive Bike Evaluation
From this evaluation, and a discussion with you, we generate a game plan: determining what parts we replace and what services we perform based on budget and performance required, time-frame and parts availability.
Front to back, top to bottom:
- Headset for too loose or too tight, smoothness of turning the handlebar.
- Front fork for damage.
- Front suspension fork, feeling the movement, bushings and up and down play.
- Brake Caliper movement.
- Grips/bar tape for wear.
- Brake levers and shifter for tightness.
- Brake levers for how they move, evaluating the cables and housing, or brake hose for hydraulic systems.
- Stem for tightness.
- Seat Post tighten or damage Dropper post performance Front wheel for hub play.
- Front wheel for true.
- Front rim for wear.
- Front tire for wear.
- Front brake pads for wear.
- Front skewer/nuts/axle for proper tightness.
- Water bottle cages for tightness.
- Bottom bracket for excessive play or too tight.
- Pedals for excessive play or if they are broken.
- Kickstand to ensure its tight.
- Rear wheel for hub play.
- Rear wheel for true.
- Rear tire for wear.
- Rear rim for wear.
- Rear brake pads for wear.
- Rear skewer/nuts/axle for proper tightness.
- Rear suspension for play.
- Rear suspension, feeling the movement, bushings and any play.
- Chain for wear and binding.
- Gears for excessive wear, excessive play or bent teeth.
- Rear and front.
- Derailleur and pulley wheels for wear and play.
- Shifting performance, evaluates cables/housing, plus state of adjustment and limits.
- General overview of attached components: rear rack, lock, saddle for tears, seatpost to ensure its in at least at the minimum, up and down post for performance, fenders, computers and magnets.
Bike Service Packages
We have packages for repairs and we have specific a la carte services which we perform, but before do anything we obsessively evaluate the condition of your bike:
Compulsive Tune Up
- Headset adjustment.
- Stem bolts checked (5Nm).
- Handlebar alignment.
- Frame clean.
- Hub (front and rear) adjustment as needed.
- Wheels Trued/Tension and Cleaned.
- Check cassette – make sure it’s TIGHT (40Nm).
- Check rotors, ensure proper torque.
- Wheel skewers/nuts/axle set at proper torque.
- Hanger aligned.
- Chain lubed and wiped.
- Derailleur limits set (front and rear).
- Shifting checked and adjusted.
- Brake pad contact on rim/rotor. checked and adjusted.
- Hydraulic pistons cleaned. (Disc Brake)
- Brake pads installed if required. (Parts extra)
- Brake calipers aligned to rim or rotor
- All bolts checked: crankarms, pedals, seat-rail bolts
- Tires inflated to proper pressure.
- Test ride
Obsessive Tune Up
- All Compulsive Tune Up items +
- A Drivetrain Clean, our non solvent “ultra-sonic” cleaner makes your chain, cogset, chainrings, derailleurs crankset sparkle. This is a perfect add on if you have a major ride or competition coming up.
A la carte services
Your bicycle will be placed on our work stand where a Professional Service Writer will assess the current condition of the bike and have a conversation with you. You will set the parameters of the repair based on your expectation, cost, age of bike, etc. We pledge to do the job right. Right on time.
Book a bike service appointment
Sometimes accidents happen but most times it is fairly easy to predict when a bike needs a repair. Poor gear shifts, brakes fade, weird load-based creaks, suddenly stiff suspension are all clues that the bike is screaming “FIX ME!!”
You love riding your bike so having it sit around waiting for a repair is not fun. We operate “Service by Appointment” with the aim to complete your repair within 24 hours of its appointed time. In some cases we deem that the repair can be completed in 20 minutes so we will do it on the spot.
Have a look at your schedule and let us know when you would like your bike repaired, we will get it done right, right on time. Contact us and we will book in the repair and the bike will be returned repaired and on time almost always within 24 hours.*
*Though we stock thousands of parts sometimes and due to the unique nature of bicycles we may have to delay turnaround. We will let you know.
The Importance of Bike Service
Bikes are endemically flawed
Sorry but it’s true. Bikes are light weight, used hard, put away wet. We know this so we prescribe preventative maintenance. This is our profession (and obsession) — we are experts and we are passionate about doing things right.
Regular consults with our service technicians will actually save you money. For instance we always measure an incoming bikes’ chain for stretch. A stretched chain will destroy a drivetrain. Chains are less expensive than drivetrains. Changing the chain saves you money.
Did you know that the rear shock on your bike is likely worth $650-$800. Servicing it costs $129-$180. They need to be serviced every 50-75 hours of use. One bearing for the linkage of your bike costs $10, all of them $150+. One damaged bearing in a linkage bike will damage the remaining ones. Fixing the damaged one saves the others.
These are the hard numbers but it’s the truth, getting a bike in before it breaks saves you money, besides they always run better after a tune. Our service technicians are here to help.